- 09/2001-06/2004 Sun Yat-Sen (zhongshan) University, China, Ph.D in Cultural Anthropology.
- 09/1994-06/1997 Xiamen University, China, Master in Cultural Anthropology
- 09/1988-07/1992 Xiamen University, China, Bachelor in Cultural Anthropology
- 08/1997-09/2007 Lecturer, Department of Anthropology, Xiamen University.
- 10/2007-present Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, Zhejiang University
- 08/2005-12/2005 Visiting Scholar, Norwegian Centre of Human Rights
- 01/2006-11/2006 Senior Research Fellow, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- 04/2008-10/2008 Project Officer, Department of Intangible Cultural Heritage, Ministry of Culture of the P.R.China.
- 07/2013-07/2014 Visiting Scholar, Center for East Asian and Pacific Studies, University of Illinois at Urban and Champaign.
Main Academic Projects:
- 2014-2017 Airborne: Pollution, Climate Change, and New Visions of Sustainability in Global China, funded by University of Oslo, Norway.
- 2014-2017 East Asian and rebuilding earth-bound community, co-funded by University of Incheon in the Republic of Korean and Zhejiang University in China.
- 2010-2013, Resettlement, Community Development and protection of minority ethnic groups’ cultures, funded by National Planning Office of Philosophy and Social Science (China).
- 2008-2010 The City Integration of New Urban Immigrants and Community Construction, funded by Ministry of Education of the P.R.China.
- 2005-2007 The Forging of Nationhood and the Construction of Citizenship, Ethnicity and History, funded by Asia Scholarship Foundation.
- 2004-2005 Social Justice and Institutional Limitations: Migrant Workers’ Responses to Employment Discrimination in Chinese Cities, funded by Norwegian Centre of Human Rights, Norway.
- 2003-2004 The Urbanization Experience of a Chinese Village in the Reform Era, funded by National Planning Office of Philosophy and Social Science (China).
- Liuzhaohui, 2012, Community Value of the Settlement of Migrants from the Cultural Heritage Site: A Case Study of "Environmental Improvement Project of Shizi Hill in Lijiang Ancient Town", Thinking, No. 2, 2012, P85-89.
- Liuzhaohui, 2011, An Empirical Analysis of the Community Life of New Urban Migrants: Guangzhou, Dongguan, Hangzhou, Chengdu, Zhengzhou, and Shenyang, Chinese Sociology & Anthropology, Volume 43, Number 3 / Spring, P5-37.
- Liuzhaohui, 2011, Cultural Power in Constructing Localism from perspective of Dragon-Boat Festival's "Application for Intangible Cultural Heritage", Studies in Culture & Art, Vol.4 No.2, P80-85.
- Liuzhaohui, 2010, Rights-based Struggles and Logic of Action: An Action Research on Environment Resettlement in a Medium-sized City in Western China, Todd Landman & William Paul Simmons & Rhona Smith,eds, Human Rights in Our Times: Multidisciplinary Perspective, Beijing: China Legal Publishing House, P149-171.
- Liuzhaohui, 2010, A Comparative Study on Protection of Intangible Cultural Heritage between China and Russia: A Cultural Space Perspective, Journal of South-Central University for Nationalities (Humanities and Social Science), Vol.30 No.1.
- Liuzhaohui, 2009, Village Community and Protection of Intangible Cultural Heritage: Also on Paradox of Original Subject and Protection Subject of Heritage, Studies in Culture & Arts, Vol.2 No.4.
- Liuzhaohui, 2009. 1948's Separatist Movement in Penang and Evading Overseas Chinese Nationalism, Open Times, No.10.
- Liuzhaohui, 2009, Fieldwork and Writing Culture in Overseas Ethnography, Journal of Guangxi University for Nationalities(Philosophy and Social Science),Vol. 31 No.5.
- Liuzhaohui, 2007, Lineage Organization and Political Process in Qiaoxiang Community in the Reform Era, Sixiang Zhanxian, Vol.201 No.3.
- Liuzhaohui(Co-Author), 2006, Institutional Discrimination and Social Justice: taking peasant workers in Xiamen as a example, Journal of Southwest University for Nationalities (Humanities and Social Science), No.11.
- Liuzhaohui, 2005, Influence of National Culture on Ecological Migrants and Corresponding Countermeasures, Journal of Guangxi University for Nationalities(Philosophy and Social Science),Vol. 27 No.6.
- Liuzhaohui,2005,Village Community and Ethnography Method, Ethno-National Studies, Vol.155 No.3.
- Liuzhaohui, 2005, Beyond Peasant Society: History, Culture and Social Structure in a Qiaoxiang Community, Beijing, National Press.
Applied anthropology, human rights, Intangible Cultural Heritage, Social Assessment, Rural Community, etc.