Thermal Science Research Group at Zhejiang University: http://www.itsps.zju.edu.cn/thermal/
Google Scholar Citations: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=YVKq-48AAAAJ&hl=en
Selected Publications (* indicates the corresponding author):
- Li-Wu Fan*, Xiao-Li Yao, Xiao Wang, Xue-Ling Liu, Xu Xu, Zi-Tao Yu, Non-isothermal crystallization of aqueous nanofluids with high aspect-ratio carbon nano-additives for cold thermal energy storage, Applied Energy, in press (2014).
- Li-Wu Fan*, Zi-Qin Zhu, Yi Zeng, Yu-Qi Xiao, Xue-Ling Liu, Yu-Yue Wu, Qing Ding, Zi-Tao Yu, Ke-Fa Cen, Transient performance of a PCM-based heat sink with high aspect-ratio carbon nanofillers, Applied Thermal Engineering, available online (2014).
- Li-Wu Fan*, Zi-Qin Zhu, Yi Zeng, Qian Lu, Zi-Tao Yu, Heat transfer during melting of graphene-based composite phase change materials heated from below, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 79, 94-104 (2014).
- Li-Wu Fan*, Jia-Qi Li, Dan-Yang Li, Liang Zhang, Zi-Tao Yu, Regulated transient pool boiling of water during quenching on nanostructured surfaces with modified wettability from superhydrophilic to superhydrophobic, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 76, 81-89 (2014).
- Li-Wu Fan*, Xin Fang, Xiao Wang, Yi Zeng, Yu-Qi Xiao, Zi-Tao Yu*, Xu Xu, Ya-Cai Hu, Ke-Fa Cen, Effects of various carbon nanofillers on the thermal conductivity and energy storage properties of solid paraffin-based nanocomposite phase change materials, Applied Energy, 110, 163-172 (2013).
- Liwu Fan, J.M. Khodadadi*, A.A. Pesaran, A parametric study on thermal management of an air-cooled lithium-ion battery module for electric vehicles, Journal of Power Sources, 238, 301-312 (2013).
- Liwu Fan, J.M. Khodadadi*, An experimental investigation of enhanced thermal conductivity and expedited unidirectional freezing of cyclohexane-based nanoparticle suspensions utilized as nano-enhanced phase change materials (NePCM), International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 62 (1), 120-126 (2012).
- Liwu Fan, J.M. Khodadadi*, A theoretical and experimental investigation of expedited unidirectional freezing of nanoparticle-enhanced phase change materials (NePCM), Journal of Heat Transfer, Transactions of the ASME, 134 (9), 092301 (2012).
- Liwu Fan, J.M. Khodadadi*, Thermal conductivity enhancement of phase change materials for thermal energy storage: A review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 15 (1), 24-46 (2011).
- Li-Wu Fan, Ya-Cai Hu*, Tian Tian, Zi-Tao Yu, The prediction of effective thermal conductivities perpendicular to the fibres of wood using a fractal model and an improved transient measurement technique, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 49 (21-22), 4116-4123 (2006).
My research interests mainly focus on experimental study and numerical modeling of complex multiphase and phase change transport phenomena encountered in thermal energy conversion, utilization and management. Boiling and two-phase heat transfer and thermal energy storage by solid-liquid phase change are two examples. My current research work is funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China.