Yong He, Ph.D., P.E., Professor
Director of centre of precision agriculture and rural information in Zhejiang University
College of Biosystems Engineering and Food Science
Tel: +86-571-88982143, email@example.com
a. Professional Preparation
Zhejiang Agricultural University, College of Agricultural Engineering BS 1984
Zhejiang Agricultural University, College of Agricultural Engineering MS 1987
Zhejiang University, Biosystems Engineering, PhD 1998
1995-present Professor, College of Biosystems Engineering and Food Science, Zhejiang University
2006.12-2007.1 Senior Visiting Scholar and Visiting Professor, University of Tokyo, Kyoto University and Tokyo University of Agriculture
2002-2010 Vice Dean, College of Biosystems Engineering and Food Science, Zhejiang University
2001-2002 Senior Visiting Scholar and Visiting Professor, University of Illinois(UIUC)
1998 Senior Visiting Scholar and Visiting Professor, Tokyo University
1998 Senior Visiting Scholar and Visiting Professor, Tokyo University of Agriculture
1998 Senior Visiting Scholar, Singapore Polytechnic
1998 Senior Visiting Scholar, City University of Hong Kong
1995- 1998 Professor, College of Agricultural Engineering, Zhejiang Agricultural University
1992-1995 Associate Professor, College of Agricultural Engineering, Zhejiang Agricultural University
1991-1992 Lecturer, College of Agricultural Engineering, Zhejiang Agricultural University
1987-1991 Assistant Professor, College of Agricultural Engineering, Zhejiang Agricultural University
c. Publications (Total over 400 scientific publications)
1. Liu F., Zhang F, Jin Z. L, He Y*, Fang H, Ye Q. F, Zhou W. J. Determination of acetolactate synthase activity and protein content of oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.) leaves using visible/near-infrared spectroscopy. Analytica Chimica Acta, 2008, 629(1-2)：56-65. (SCI, IF=4.311)
2. Cen H. Y, He Y*. Theory and application of near infraed reflectance spectroscopy in determination of food quality. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 2007, 18(2): 72-83. (SCI, IF=4.051)
3. Liu F, He Y*. Discrimination of producing areas of auricularia auricula using visible/near infrared spectroscopy. Food and Bioprocess Technology, 2011, 4(3): 387-394. (SCI, IF=3.576)
4. Ling P., Chen Y. M, He Y*. Identification of broken rice kernels using image analysis techniques combined with velocity representation method, Food and Bioprocess Technology, 2012, 5(2): 796-802.(SCI, IF=3.576)
5. Shao Y. N, Zhao C. J, Bao Y. D, He Y*. Quantification of nitrogen status in rice by least-squares support vector machines and reflectance spectroscop, Food and Bioprocess Technology, 2012,5(1): 100-107.(SCI, IF=3.576)
6. Shao Y. N, Cen Y. L, He Y*, Liu F. Infrared spectroscopy and chemometrics for the starch and protein prediction in irradiated rice. Food Chemistry, 2011, 126(4): 1856-1861. (SCI, IF=3.458)
7. Liu F, He Y*, Sun G. M. Determination of protein content of Auricularia auricula using near infrared spectroscopy combined with linear and nonlinear calibrations. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2009, 57(11): 4520-4527. (SCI, IF=2.816)
8. Shao Y. N, He Y*, Wu C. Q. Dose detection of radiated rice by infrared spectroscopy and chemometrics. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2008, 56(11): 3960-3965. (SCI, IF=2.816)
9. Shao Y. N, He Y*, Gomez A. H, Pereir A. G, Qiu Z. J, Zhang Y. Visible/near infrared spectrometric technique for nondestructive assessment of tomato 'Heatwave' (Lycopersicum esculentum) quality characteristics. Journal of Food Engineering, 2007, 81(4): 672-678. (SCI, IF=2.168)
10. He Y*, Li X. L, Deng X. F. Discrimination of varieties of tea using near infrared spectroscopy by principal component analysis and BP model. Journal of Food Engineering 2007, 79(4): 1238-1242. (SCI, IF=2.168)
11. Wu D, Yang H. Q, Chen X. J, He Y*, Li X. L. Application of image texture for the sorting of tea categories using multi-spectral imaging technique and support vector machine. Journal of Food Engineering, 2008, 88(4):474-483. (SCI, IF=2.168)
12. Li X. L, He Y*. Discriminating varieties of tea plant based on Vis/NIR spectral characteristics and using artificial neural networks. Biosystems Engineering, 2008, 99(3): 313-321. (SCI, IF=1.241)
13. Wu D, Feng L, He Y*, Bao Y. Variety identification of Chinese cabbage seeds using visible and near-infrared spectroscopy. Transactions of the ASABE, 2008, 51(6):2193-2199. (SCI)
14. Wu D, Feng L, Zhang C, He Y*. Early detection of botrytis cinerea on eggplant leaves based on visible and near-infrared spectroscopy. Transactions of the ASABE, 2008, 51(3):1133-1139. (SCI)
15. Li X. L, He Y*. Chlorophyll assessment and sensitive wavelength exploration for tea (Camellia sinensis) based on reflectance spectral characteristics. Hortscience, 2008, 43(5):1586-1591. (SCI)
16. Shao Y. N., Zhao C. J, He Y*, Bao Y. D. Application infrared spectroscopy technique and chemometrics for measurement of components in rice after radiation. Transactions of the ASABE, 2009, 52(1): 187-192. (SCI)
17. Liu F, Kong W. W, He Y*. Nondestructive estimation of nitrogen status and vegetation index of oilseed rape canopy using multi-spectral imaging technology. Sensor Letters, 2011, 9(3): 1126-1132. (SCI)
18. Liu F, Nie P. C, Huang M, Kong W. W, He Y*. Nondestructive determination of nutritional information in oilseed rape leaves using visible/near infrared spectroscopy and multivariate calibrations. Science China-Information Sciences, 2011, 54(3): 598-608. (SCI)
19. Zhang Y, He Y*. Co-composting solid swine manure with pine sawdust as organic substrate. Bioresource Technology, 2006, 97(16): 2024–2031. (SCI, IF=4.365)
20. He Y*, Huang M, Garcia A, Hernandez A, Song H. Prediction of soil macronutrients content using near-infrared spectroscopy. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2007, 58 (2):144-153. (SCI, IF=1.431)
21. Fang H, He Y*. A pocket PC based field information fast collection system. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2008, 61 (2):254-260. (SCI, IF=1.431)
22. Shao Y. N, Bao Y. D, He Y*. Soil nitrogen content influence on canopy reflectance spectra, Transactions of the ASABE, 2011, 54(6):2343-2349.(SCI)
23. Shao Y. N, He Y*. Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium prediction in soils using infrared spectroscopy. Soil Research, 2011, 49:166–172. (SCI)
24. Yang H. Q, Yang Y, He Y. Wireless sensor network for orchard soil and climate monitoring. AMA-Agricultural Mechanization in Asia, Africa and Latin America, 2010, 41(3): 83–88. (SCI)
25. Qiu Z. J, He Y*, Li W. M. A note on the adoption of precision agriculture in Eastern China. Outlook on Agriculture, 2007, 36 (4):255-257. (SCI)
26. Nie P. C, Wu D, Yang Y, He Y*. Hybrid combination of GIS, GPS, WSN and GPRS technology in modern digital agriculture application. Advanced Materials Research, 2010, 108-111: 1158-1163.(EI)
27. Wu D, Nie PC, Cuello J, He Y*, Wang ZP & Wu HX .Application of visible and near infrared spectroscopy for rapid and non-invasive quantification of common adulterants in Spirulina powder. Journal of Food Engineering, 2011,102(3), 278-286.
28. Wu D, Chen XJ, Shi PY, Wang SH, Feng FQ & He Y* .Determination of alpha-linolenic acid and linoleic acid in edible oils using near-infrared spectroscopy improved by wavelet transform and uninformative variable elimination. Analytica Chimica Acta, 2009,634(2), 166-171.
29. He Y*& Bao YD. Study on cottonseed oil as a partial substitute for diesel oil in fuel for single-cylinder diesel engine. Renewable Energy, 2005, 30(5), 805-813.
30. He Y* & Bao YD. Study on rapeseed oil as alternative fuel for a single-cylinder diesel engine. Renewable Energy, 2003, 28(9), 1447-1453.
d. Synergistic Activities
The following activities highlight Dr. He’s scholarship and teaching:
He teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in area of biosystems engineering. He developed a new course, Precision Agriculture and 3S technology, and subsequently authored a textbook using the same title for seniors and graduate students.
He participated the designing of the first Biosystems Engineering program in China.
He won the National Distinguished Teacher of China in 2008.
He constantly encourages students to excel in research and teaching. He has three students who won the Zhu Ke-zhen Scholoarship (The highest scholarship of Zhejiang University). He has one student who won the TOP ten students of Zhejiang University.
He mentors undergraduate students through involving them in the research projects (One professor and one undergraduate student plan). His research team consistently has two or more undergraduate students, teaming them with graduate students and research engineers and post-doctorates.
e．Editorial board of some Journals
Food and Bioprocess Technology
Computers and Electronics in Agriculture
Food and Nutrition Sciences
precision agriculture farm equipment Internet of things
Phone:+86 571 88982143